Monday, June 4, 2012

my little black book of fashion: an inspiration book

hello!
hope everyone had a great weekend.
thanks for everyone who linked up to the spread the love party, 
we had some great linkups. so thank you!

i have a collection of fashion magazines from years ago that i can't seem to let go.
there are pages in the magazines that i just LOVE the items or the looks.
but the magazines have really become a pain.
they take up a lot of space and they are heavy.
so i decided i would create one book that combined the parts of the magazines.
i cut out accessories, clothing, looks, etc. from magazines that i love and seriously just threw them in a black sketch book from a craft store.

i added accessories that i wanted to remind myself to make.


i only finished a couple of pages. i still have plenty of magazines to go.
now i will always have one place to look for inspiration.
my inspiration book!

have a lovely day!

4 comments :

  1. I've been doing a similar kind of smash book for crafts. Not quite brave enough to make clothing yet, however... (egads!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea of keeping it all together in a little notebook! :)
    Cute collages. ♥

    Take care,
    Roudi @ c-is-for-craft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant! I have had the same problem with my magazines. I ended up just ripping out the pages with things on them that I loved. Only problem is, they are getting a bit tatty. I think I will take a leaf out of your book (metaphorically speaking) and do likewise! :) Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete

i love comments! thank you for taking the time to write me a message, and for making me smile. :)
{love} lauryn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Design by | SweetElectric