Wednesday, June 27, 2012

diy quote on canvas

this is my absolute favorite quote.
it's from the movie the perfect man...
which is really not a popular movie.
hilary duff in her prime baby.
and i LOVE the movie.

i decided i wanted this quite in my home to remind me, 
every day holds the potential for beauty.
so inspiring to me &
a great reminder to be positive and find beauty in every moment of life.

& making it was super easy!

after this, i got on my computer and chose a font i liked.
i wanted to choose a thick/bold font because i knew i would be cutting it out.
i cut out each letter...tedious, but easy
and arranged them on the board.
when you have arranged your letters, mod podge them on top of the canvas


WARNING... be VERY sure that every word fits across evenly.
i had glued on the word "potential" got to the last "a" and had ZERO space for the "l"
crap.
so i added some buttons & smudges of ink pads to cover my mistakes.
i wasn't to happy about it... i really just wanted it to be simple, 
but hey... it works!


if you are looking for some easy diy home decor, 
this will do the trick!
have a lovely day!

6 comments :

  1. Cute project! I've only seen The Perfect Man about, oh, a dozen times or so.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE The Perfect Man, it's such an under appreciated movie!! I love this project, and I think I'm going to have to do one for my room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great...love the improv over the mistake, so me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so great! And it is such a lovely quote. Definitely something to remember :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lauryn,
    Great tutorial and cute project! Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday Last week. I can't wati to see what you link up this week :) Have a wonderful 4th of July.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just randomly found your blog while googling something about canvases and stickers or something (it took me to a page you were "pinned" on. LOVE THIS! I can't wait to try my own! (I never would have thought to use tissue paper!)

    ReplyDelete

i love comments! thank you for taking the time to write me a message, and for making me smile. :)
{love} lauryn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Design by | SweetElectric