Thursday, September 22, 2011

flashback friday's the third + the ugly sweater

the weeks have been FLYING by. 
how is it already friday!?

here is my ugly sweater. 

you will really want to read this story. it's quite hilarious.

for this, you will need a little background.

my hubby & i moved from utah to idaho in may of this year.

long story short, we are moving BACK to utah on saturday. [hooray, hooray]

we love our home. and can't wait to be back.
okay. now that you know that,
i bought this sweater at the di a little bit ago for $3.
i seriously love it. 
i came home to show my hubby. all giddy inside that i found such a great sweater for such a great price.
and this is what he said:
(well, first he just laughed)
"we have been in idaho WAAY too long. 
when we get back to utah, you are going to think that sweater is so ugly!"
now he didn't say those exact words, but something similar :)
then...
we were talking to my bro & sis in law on skype a couple days after.
we love them. it has been so hard for us to be away from them and again, 
can't wait to be back!
i told them the story of what the hubby said.
they laughed.
"in fact," (this is me speaking) 
"i am going to go get the sweater to show it to you, because it really is not bad!"
i even said "H, you will probably like it!"
(H is my sis in law)
nobody gets names online except me :)
to my surprise,
H&J busted up in laughter.
I MUST BE CRAZY!! 
cause i LOVE my ugly sweater.
so i said:
"you know what, i am going to take pictures of me wearing my sweater 
and you will see how GREAT it really is."
J has been pestering me to get pictures up here since i said that.
so without further ado, brother:

MY UGLY SWEATER:




what do you think now... still ugly!?
so readers... i need you to help me settle this debate!!
leave a comment
and/or
take a vote:

  • that sweater really is great. i don't care what you say :)
  • great job lauryn, you can definitely style an UGLY sweater to make it GREAT!
  • lauryn, you are crazy. i agree with your hubs and H&J
More polls: Hotel Las Vegas

13 comments :

  1. I think the sweater is super cute! Especially for 3 bucks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. you're moving back on saturday??!??
    2. if you were a good texter backer then i would know these things!
    3. the sweater is not so good.. but for $3 why not like it? and of course you make everything look cute so good work.
    4. i loled at michael saying you have lived in idaho for too long and that's why you liked the sweater lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm your newest follower! Thanks for the link party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay so I posted 2 links - but only because I also had to post one of the oldest posts on my blog because it's such a good theme!

    Totally want to make brownies now because of it...

    This is definitely going in the Link Party list!

    Jenni xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the invite Lauren! I'm all linked up! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a sweet comment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tell him to shut it...that sweater is great and you look so stinkin cute in the whole outfit!

    Kim @ Too Much Time

    ReplyDelete
  7. sorry mine isn't old this week! i couldn't find anything, but wanted to play here anyway! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for visiting my blog! I am going to link up now, and I just became a follower.

    Since this week is the STRIPES challenge, why don't you submit those pics on AquaSeventy6's Fabulously Frugal Fall Fashion Challenge this week? You have until this evening to submit a link to your page containing the photo you want to submit, or email us at aquaseventy6@gmail.com. We'd love to have you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. PS, I love the sweater, and I live in Virginia.

    ReplyDelete
  10. THanks for the invite!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks for linking up your old ugly sweater! haha, its kinda cute though!

    ReplyDelete

i love comments! thank you for taking the time to write me a message, and for making me smile. :)
{love} lauryn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Design by | SweetElectric