Love Notes by Lauryn is now Lauryn Ashli.
Check it out for more fashion, beauty, lifestyle, and motherhood posts!

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

DIY Day of the Dead Sugar Skull Banner

We're hosting a Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) Halloween party this year.
I wasn't feeling like I wanted to do excessive crafting for this party and while looking for decorations,
I found a plain skull garland. 
So I decided to jazz it up a bit for our party. 
Keep reading for the details or just enjoy the pictures!



Y O U  W I L L  N E E D //

+ paper skull garland
I found this same banner/garland at Target and Wal-Mart. 
Other options would be to print out skills and cut around them 
or if you have a cutting machine-use that to cut out skull shapes.

+ brightly colored paint

+ papers
to make paper flowers-other options would be making felt flowers 
or purchasing flowers from the dollar store

+ various embellishments
Definitely an optional part. 
Just use whatever you've got lying around the house!


S I M P L E  I N S T R U C T I O N S //
Use a q-tip to add paint then hot glue embellishments and flowers.
To make my paper flowers I just googled "paper flowers" and followed the pictures.
I just wanted to make this easy and quick.





There you have it!


xo_lauryn


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Design by | SweetElectric