Love Notes by Lauryn is now Lauryn Ashli.
Check it out for more fashion, beauty, lifestyle, and motherhood posts!

Sunday, October 2, 2016

High Fiber Food Options for Toddlers and Kids

Disclaimer: There is some subtle potty talk here 
(and I don't mean swear words, just talking about kids and bathroom problems!!) 
So continue at your own risk.. ;)

Unfortunately, 
My little monkey struggled A TON when switching from formula/breast milk to cow's milk.
We are talking serious constipation, anal fissures, and with holding bowel movements for days and days at a time. Yes I know its TMI, but it's life guys.
Our doctor prescribed Miralax,
and I was sorely disappointed when after a year absolutely NOTHING had changed.
When returning to the doctor I expressed my intense concern for this seemingly unsolvable issue.
Well guess what.. 
He told me to keep up with the Miralax. :/
Also to make sure his diet was highly concentrated with fiber.
So trusting our incredible pediatritian, that's exactly what I did. 

But finding high fiber options for a toddler took a lot of research on my part.
So much so that I hope no one ever has to do that for themselves.
I thought I would share some easy and toddler friendly high fiber options I found:






My little guy is currently two and a half, so the problem is not yet resolved. 
However... it is HANDLED! Which makes me happy.
As long as I keep this high fiber diet in tact and use a small dose of Miralax daily, 
my sweet baby has no more struggles going to the bathroom. 
and THAT makes a momma happy.
xo_lauryn
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Design by | SweetElectric