Tuesday, August 2, 2011

"b" is for braids

i have been picking raspberries and canning with grandma today. didn't expect it to take so long!
so here is letter B. better late then never!
this is a long post. stick with me cause it has AWESOME stuff about braiding.


as we know, 
braids are a total hit right now. 
above are some incredible styles i love with braids.
braids are a great way to add dimension to any hairstyle, and can make a simple do look fab!

here are some fun different braids:
scroll down for super cute braided up do tutorials.


the push up braid


braid a single braid like normal, take to strands and pull aside.
you will push these strands up while holding the single strand down.
it should look something like the picture below.

 pin it with a bobby pin and it will stay scrunched!
i think a lot of these around in one area would be cute.
it's like your own accessory!

skinny, fat, fat braid


braid like normal, but make one strand drastically smaller than the other two.
even mine in this pic could have been a lot smaller to add a more dynamic look.


i love braiding hair, but sometimes it gets tricky to try some of these awesome
braided up dos on my own hair.
so i have created a tutorial for a braided headband up do.

EASY BRAIDING for doing your own hair.
french braid and fishbone free so you can do this one by yourself.
it took me about 10-15 minutes. SIMPLE and CUTE!



















hair spray your flyaways, pin the braids so the ends are hidden
and the pins are tucked away, 




yes, i realize i look stellah in these photos.
i don't know how you ladies do hair tutorials all by yourself!

here is another braid tutorial from Raising 4 Princesses.
thank you so much maria for letting me share this!

7 comments :

  1. Stopping by from Little Luna and I'm thrilled to have found your blog! I love the necktie headband and this braid from the bottom idea both! I browsed around a bit- congrats and good luck with your brand new Etsy shop! I'm anxious to keep in touch with you and see what's to come with your hair series! I'd happily post a button on my sidebar if you were to post one :) Hope you have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job, especially for doing the braiding AND photography alone! Thank you for linking to Wicked Awesome Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been following you for a few weeks now. Today I saw your feature on Mommmy By Day Crafter By Night (my good friend Ashley). It's so fun when you realize who's friends with who! Anyway, I'm gonna feature you on my blog today, so check it out and grab a featured button!

    www.familyeverafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great! I'm a new follower and I'm a big fan of these tutorials! It looks awesome. Great job :)

    Bekah
    beckaboots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is really cool and how long does it take to do it in the morning

    ReplyDelete

i love comments! thank you for taking the time to write me a message, and for making me smile. :)
{love} lauryn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Design by | SweetElectric